What about a residence visa?

If you're going to be in Dubai as an employee, your visa can only be applied for by your employer. Details for this procedure are given on the relevant page.

If you're not going to be employed and are going to join your spouse or parents who are resident in the UAE, they can be your sponsor and apply for your visa.

Happy Meter